The mission of the Board of Barber Examiners is to examine and provide for the licensing of qualified barbers and barber instructors, to enforce the sanitary rules regulating barber shops and schools, to develop and approve barber school curriculum and post-secondary educational requirements for barber instructors, to investigate and resolve consumer complaints and provide the public with a healthy and safe shop environment.
Board meetings are held on the Sunday prior to each examination.
Alyssa N. Hendrix
Joseph A. Scoville
Joshua S. Vasquez
Requirements For Registration As A Licensed Barber In Nebraska
- High School Diploma or GED,
- At least seventeen years of age,
- Completed 1800 hours of training in a school of barbering,
- Graduated from a barber school approved by the Nebraska Board of Barber Examiners, and
- Passed an examination conducted by the Nebraska Board of Barber Examiners.
Applications for the licensing of individuals or establishments and related information may be obtained through this website's Application Forms page and by referring to Chapter 3 "Rules & Regulations." for specific barber shop licensing requirements, or by contacting the board office.
Nebraska Schools of Barbering
College of Hair Design
Xenon International Academy II Inc
PDF Reader Download
You may need a PDF reader to view the PDF forms you downloaded.